I promised details...

So I made this cute little card for Unity's Friends With Flair on Friday and promised to come back and give you details. Note to self: Posting on the blog with only the cell phone is not a good idea! It's hard and not very fun. :-) 
So here's the card again: 

He was stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black on acrylic painting paper. Then I got out the fun Tim Holtz Distress Markers and started coloring. I used Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough & Iced Spruce which were the winter colors when they were limited release inks. It was fun. I did completely color each section and then used a water brush just to soften it up just a little. Finished him off using Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Picket Fence on his awesome Santa hat and the snow under him. 
For the base of the card, ha, I'm sneaky and you think it's a white cardstock base, but it's actually an acrylic front that I then attached a piece of white card stock. It opens from the top and I have the sentiment from the snowpeep stamped in the center. :-) Card size is 4" x 5.5". The blue is cut at 3.75" x 5.25", red is cut at 3.75" x 2.25" which I then punched one edge. And you can't see it very well but there is a strip of polka dot under the ribbon that is 1.25" x 3.75". That strip is actually double punched, I punched the top with the Fiskars Stitched edge punch and then on the opposite side with the Fiskars Treading Water punch. The snowpeep is matted on a different patterned red paper and popped up with 3D foam squares. Ribbon is some that someone gifted me. I wrapped it around the blue layer on up and tied it in a bow. Then I adhered all of that to the acrylic front using a clear liquid glue. I love how this turned out. :-)

Supplies Used:
Unity Stamp Company: Gifts Galore(snowpeep Nicholas)
Momento Tuxedo Black
Acrylic Painting Paper
TH Distress Markers: Festive Berries, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough
Water Brush
TH Distress Stickles: Picket Fence
Acrylic: Scrap I had laying around. 
White Cardstock: Core'dinations
3D Foam Tape Squares: Best Creation Big Squares
Close to My Heart Liquid Glass
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland 6" x 6" paper pad
Fiskars: Stitched & Treading Water Edge Punches
Ribbon: ?? It's pretty, white half sheer, half satin with an iridescent thread running down the middle.   

So that's all I've got for now, I'll be back in a day or two with more projects. I'm officially in Christmas Card mode(which I dread every year but do it anyways because they're cute, lol). :-) 

See you soon, 
Happy Craftin'
Brit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CropChocolate.com Design Team Blog Hop

Growing in Unity Blog Hop

My Cricut Craft Room's Card & Invitation Blog Hop